Our Wines - 2008 Devote Greenock Shiraz
Lifted, bright ripe red and black berry fruit. Vibrant Spice and soft oak nuances.
Firm, ripe, fleshy and full bodied. Dark brooding fruit coats the mouth, acid firms the palate, oak compliments the fruit and the tannins are ripe, rich, soft and lingering.
Yet another example of why this renowned variety makes its home in the rolling hills of the Barossa. Will age into a classic.
Enjoy now or cellar for 8-10 years.
Fermented on skins in an open fermenter for 7 days and then gently basket pressed, this small parcel of wine was then transferred to new and old American and French oak for 20 months of maturing.
Once matured the wine was bottled unfiltered.
The grapes were grown on the out skirts of Greenock, home of some of the most extraordinary grapes. Vines were planted in the mid 1980’s in sandy loam topsoil over light clay.
Cropped at 1.6 tonnes per acre, the vineyard was harvested on February 22nd when optimum flavours and balance were achieved in the grape.
- 94 - James Halliday - 2011 James Halliday Wine Companion
- 3.5 stars - 2010 Winestate Sept/Oct
Worlds Greatest Shiraz Challenge V
- 4 stars - 2010 Winestate May/June
- 93 - Gary Walsh - The Wine Front
- 90 - 2010 Wine 100 June
- Silver - 2010 Marananga Regional Wine Show
- 4 stars 'Best of New Releases' - 2011 Winestate Annual
- Bronze - 2010 Australian Small Winemakers Show